Well, for whatever it is worth, I only have 100 days to go.
So I thought it would be an opportunity to talk about how it is going.
First some statistics on me and the baby.
Due date: May 19th, 2012
Weeks pregnant: 25 week and 5 days
Weight gained: 15 pounds
Measurement of my Uterus: As of my last Dr. Appointment, 24 inches (probably more now.)
Gender: Female, for both of us 🙂
Other things going on:
1. We bought a Crib:
Grandma Denny will be happy to know about this. 🙂 It is really funny, at thanksgiving time, we visited with her, and was talked about how we couldn’t decided on what to do about a crib. Then she got really sick. We thought we were going to loose her. By early January she was doing much better. But I still hadn’t spoken to her. We went up to the LDS Hospital in Salt Lake to see her, and I knew we had her back when the first question she asked us was: “So, have you guys finally decided what you are going to do about your crib?”
Yes Grandma. We got one, for a good price from Sears. It isn’t fancy, but I really like it. It is pretty and will last us a few babies. Check out the picture:
We still haven’t set it up yet, so I don’t have a picture of my own. 🙂 Also, we are not planning on getting a changing table. My mom never used one that I can remember, so if it is good enough for her…Any thoughts anyone?
2. We have cleaned and painted a shelf we found my the dumpster at our complex. We painted it one of our baby room colors.
I have decided after all that our baby room colors are:
turquoise and mustard/golden yellow
Something like this:
This is the best picture that I could find. I like it because it shows that these colors can be super cute and feminine, with out being super princess pink.
3. We have started filling the second bedroom up with baby things. What kind of things?
We have a dresser in there, which is completely empty. We bought a rocking chair at IEKA in the as is section. We have moved all kids books on to the new shelf, and it is actually really surprising how many books I have collected over the years. We have put all 4 of the stuffed animals we have in the house in there on the shelf too. (Two of them were gifts for Christmas, after Karl’s mom found out we were pregnant.) And of course all the 4 toys we have too: two dollar store ninjas Karl bought as a joke, a slinky, and a ball. I think we are all set.
Seriously though, I am having a hard time imagining all the stuff that is about to come our way.
Betsy lent me this HUGE book about what are the MUST HAVE baby things, and most of it is not only stuff I have never heard of, or thought of, but stuff I am not even sure I want. Any thoughts moms out there?
Things I currently own:
Some toys (as listed above)
8 baby blankets (Thanks Mama Hite)
A Hiking Baby Carrier (Thanks Mom)
A Baby Bullet (Thanks Nitsy)
Two pairs of Baby socks
One Pair of baby Leggings
I mean, what is left?
The only thing I know we will definitely still need to get, because we have to, is a car seat. In fact, Betsy said she would lend us one of hers. (I guess that is the fun thing about having two babies, you get two of everything! 😉 ) We have decided to to diapers on amazon, and I am already signed up of amazon mom.
4. I guess the big questions that is still not decided on: to work or not to work, that is the question. I love my job so much that it will be really hard to leave. But in all honesty, when I think of anyone else taking care of my baby, it breaks my heart and I start to get those famous pregnancy tears, and well, I know what I am going to do.
5. Next week I go in to take the dreaded Gestational Diabetes test, and I know I am going to be positive. I heard on pregtastic that if you are going to get it, there is really nothing you can do about it. And I am already at high risk because of my PCOS, so I will keep you posted, but don’t be surprised when I am positive.
6. Birthing plan, Deliberately choosing not to have more than this:
Try for natural. But whatever happens happens. Karl is my Doula.
This is an educated choice. I have done my research, and for now, I just feel like, knowing myself, this is the best plan I can have. There are too many things to be stressed about, and this baby is going to do what she wants in the end.
7. We are going to Cabo San Lucas in a couple of weeks, one last trip…
8. My beloved friend Krysta is throwing me a baby shower probably in March sometime…I have no idea what to register for. What to register for, WHERE to register…
So with less than 15 weeks to go, this is where I am. I am due to have a baby in 3 months from the 19th.
So, I am opening myself to you experienced moms out there…what do I have to do?