It was just a little over a year ago that I made Mirah her Rainbow blanket.
For more info on this project and the history behind it she this post:
Looking ahead at the upcoming weeks I was worried that I wouldn’t have time to work on it much in June. Plus, I was able to find a SWEET Memorial day sale on all of my fabric and batting. I spent close to $50 on Mirah’s quilt. With the sweet sale I spent just under $20! I had all of the materials and was feeling motivated, so I did it this week!
Wednesday I washed and ironed all of my fabric.
The patter I made is based on my own rainbow blanket. I use 10 colors instead of 9 however. I do so because I like buying the fabric in 24 inch segments instead of another measurement. It means that I can cut my strips 6 inches wide allotting for about a quarter inch seam on each side leaving the final product with 5 and a half inches wide. I am including all of this info here for the next time I try to make one. I had to redo all of my configurations which took a bunch of time.
So, long story short I bought 24 inches of 10 different color fabrics.
60 Inches of 48 inch wide batting. I should have bought wider batting for next time. I ended up having to take off a few inches for each side to compensate.
It took me the better part of a morning to get the fabric washed, dried and the ironed in half and trimmed.
So I used a rotary cutter and a stencil to cut 6 inch strips. I had to trip off edges and clean up the fabric too.
The strips once cut.
Yeah I see it. Made me miss grandma. When I was done I wanted to call her and tell her all about it.